What's the only thing better than coffee? Free coffee.
September 29th is National Coffee Day, and the best day to celebrate it is with a cup of joe.
A few deals you can look forward to include:
- Krispy Kreme is offering customers one free brewed coffee and glazed donut.
- If you download the Coupons.com app, you can get a cashback refund of up to $2.50 with a submitted receipt from Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, McDonald's or Denny's.
- Dunkin' Donuts is offering a BOGO for all their hot coffee drinks.
- Lactose-intolerant? Silk, which makes plant-based beverages, will pay for your dairy-free coffee (up to five dollars). You just have to send a PayPal request to email@example.com and include your drink order details in the notes section. The offer expires when the total amount redeemed reaches $5,000.
- Whole Foods is offering free cans of High Brew Coffee with a coupon which you can find on their website.
There's also some fun history behind the hot beverage.
Coffee was first mentioned in Arabic scientific documents from around 900 A.D.
The drink originated in where is now Ethiopia and was brought to the Middle East and Europe by Yemeni monks.