KGUN 9 On Your SideNews

Actions

Duplex catches fire from unattended cooking device

Duplex catches fire from cooking device
Duplex catches fire from cooking device
Posted at 12:38 PM, Aug 20, 2017
and last updated 2017-08-20 16:09:51-04

The Tucson Fire Department was on the scene of a midtown duplex that caught fire.

According to TFD, units arrived at 9:26 a.m. to find the duplex fully involved in flames. Firefighters attacked the flames from the rear of the building.

TFD learned that two people lived in the home, but they were not home during the time the fire started. They still have not been contacted.

It took 23 firefighters 13 minutes to control the fire.

There were no injuries reported to any crew members.

Investigators discovered that the cause of the fire appeared to be an electrical malfunction of an apparent homemade cooking device left unattended on the rear patio.