TUCSON, Ariz. — The Old Pueblo is home to some of the tastiest dessert destinations.
From ice cream, to raspados and more, staying cool during summer days is a piece of cake with these sweet spots.
Tucson and Raspados go hand-in-hand. This delicious concoction is made up of shaved ice, natural syrup fresh fruit and Mexican spices. Try either mango or strawberry if you've never visited.
- Hours: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Locations: 4126 S 12th Ave or 1002 W St Mary’s Rd
If you're in the mood for ice cream, The Screamery is tough to beat. Each flavor is made locally using natural ingredients and is mixed with premium milk and cream. The shop recommends Sweet Cream Honeycomb for first timers. There are currently five locations in the Tucson area and one in Phoenix.
- Hours: Open seven days a week. Hours vary based on location.
- Locations: 50 South Houghton Road, Suite 120, 2545 E Speedway Blvd, Suite 145, 250 East Congress Street, 5920 W Arizona Pavilions Drive, Suite 100, 5870 E Broadway Blvd
Heemee Coffee + Bakery recently opened in Downtown Tucson and it's a must-visit. This shop serves light, refreshing desserts that are inspired by Korean, Japanese and French dishes. HeeMee recommends its summertime dessert Bingsoo, a Korean inspired treat made of shaved ice and milk.
- Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Location: 20 E Congress St Suite 110