COCHISE COUNTY, Ariz. — Cochise County Public Works will be providing free sand, and sandbags to those who need them for the monsoon season.
Also starting this year citizens will have access to an online map where they can get up-to-date information on flooded and closed roads.
Emergency services coordinator Gabe Lavine said, “As details come in we will update the map in real time to help residents navigate the roads safely."
Sand and sandbags will be available across the Cochise County; however, residents will need to bring their own shovel and fill the bags themselves.
Bags will be placed in a metal drum next to the sand at the following locations:
Monday to Thursday, from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
They will be provide at locations throughout the area.
- Bisbee Road Yard, 1229 Hereford Road
- Douglas Road Yard, 3665 N. Leslie Canyon Road
- Willcox Road Yard, 500 W. Railroad Avenue
- Benson Road Yard, 901 E. 4th Street
- Elrida Road Yard, 3988 W. Thompson Road
Sandbags are available any time at the following locations
- Coronado Lakes Estates (Douglas), Cipriano Dr. at the Water Tanks
- Willow Lakes Subdivision (Benson), at the Water Tank
- Elfrida Fire Department, 10293 N. Central Highway
- Whetstone Fire Department, 2422 N. Firehouse Ln, Whetstone
- Palominas Fire (Hereford Station), 10202 E. Highway 92
- Palominas Fire ( Miracle Valley Station), 9695 E. Highway 92
- Portal Area, Intersection of Foothills & Portal Road
- Bowie Area, 766 W. Business Loop off I-10
For more information about the sandbags, click here.