Cochise County will host a county-wide active shooter drill Thursday, October 11.
They'll use the drill to test response times for multiple local, regional, and state agencies as well as hospitals.
- Cochise County Office of Emergency Services
- Sierra Vista Police Department
- Sierra Vista Fire & Medical Services
- Cochise County Sheriff’s Office
- Southeast Arizona Communications Dispatch Center
- Sierra Vista Unified School District
- Cochise County Department of Public Health
- US Border Patrol
The scenario they'll play out is an active shooter at Sierra Vista's Joyce Clark Middle School.
“This exercise will help improve interoperability and communications between countywide agencies,” said Cochise County Emergency Services Coordinator Gabe Lavine. “It is important we test our capabilities and skills to ensure emergency readiness in the event of a major incident in Cochise County.”
Roads around the school will be closed from 7 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Drivers are asked to avoid the area.