Carondelet hospitals are hosting a month-long cereal drive.
The "Healthy over Hungry" drive aims to provide families healthy breakfast options for their kids over summer vacation.
Whole-grain cereal is a healthy option for kids, and it can help keep them feeling full until later in the day.
Anyone who wants to donate can drop off healthy, whole-grain cereals at 3 Carondelet locations:
- Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital, 1601 W. St. Mary's Rd., Tucson
- Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital, 350 N. Wilmot Rd., Tucson
- Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital, 1171 W. Target Range Rd, Nogales
- Cardiology East, 6567 E. Carondelet Drive, Suite 225
- Cardiology West, 445 N. Silverbell Road, Suite 201
- Bears Path, 8826 East Tanque Verde Rd.
- Carondelet Drive, 6567 E. Carondelet Drive, Suite 555
- Central, 630 North Alvernon, Suite 251
- Foothills 5605 E. River Road., #219
- Green Valley, 400 West Camino Casa Verde
- Nogales, 1209 West Target Range Road.
- Northwest, 551 West Magee Rd.
- Riverstone, 4892 N. Stone Avenue, Suite 100
- Sahuarita, 15920 South Rancho Sahuarita, Suite 120
- Southeast, 8290 S. Houghton Road
- West, 395 N. Silverbell, Suite 355
- Vascular Surgery Riverstone, 4892 North Stone Avenue, Suite 100
- Vascular Surgery West, 1815 West St Mary's Rd.
“We appreciate the Carondelet Health Network for hosting the Healthy Over Hungry® Cereal Drive and are grateful for its commitment to building a healthy community,” said Michael McDonald, CEO of the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona. “Summer is a particularly difficult time because many children in need can no longer rely on their school meals for a nutritious breakfast, so their families often turn to us for help. Thanks to Carondelet and the Healthy Over Hungry Cereal Drive, many families will have a healthy, whole-grain cereal breakfast every morning this summer.”
Cash donations can be made to the community food bank.
Carondelet will match all cash donations made during the campaign, up to $100,000.
If you would like to donate, click here.