Calabasas School received the highest possible quality rating for its preschool program this week.
Calabasas is the only preschool program in Santa Cruz County to receive a rating of five stars.
To achieve this rating, the following areas are assessed:
- Health and safety practices that promote children’s basic well-being
- Staff qualifications, including experience working with infants, toddlers and preschoolers as well as training or college coursework in early childhood development and education
- Teacher-child interactions that are positive, consistent and nurture healthy development and learning
- Learning environments, including age-appropriate books, toys and learning materials that promote emotional, social, language and cognitive development
- Lessons that follow state requirements or recommendations for infants, toddlers and preschoolers
- Group sizes that give young children the individual attention they need
- Child assessment and parent communication that keeps families regularly informed of their child’s development
Our District has always been committed to providing quality early childhood education to the children and families of our community, said Student Services Director, Melisa Lunderville. I am so proud of our staff and students for accomplishing our goal of being a 5 star program.