MESCAL, Ariz - A man has died after being stung by bees last week.
According to the Cochise County Sheriff's Office, authorities were advised of a bee problem in the 200 block of North Cherokee Trail in Mescal on August 23, 2017, at 2:40 p.m. The caller said that a man had been stung by bees and was unresponsive.
The man has been identified as 35-year-old Donald Houlihan.
The Benson Police Department located Houlihan transported him to Benson hospital in critical condition.
Deputies learned that bees had been in a camper on the northwest side of the property. Houlihan and his wife had been hired to clean the yard and were doing so when the incident occurred.
After being transported to Tucson Medical Center for further treatment, Houlihan died from a severe allergic reaction.
The hospital staff says that Houlihan was stung in the temple area of his face.