All aboard! A new cruise ship that sets sail from Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) is offering 11-day sailings between Jan. 9 & Jan. 31, 2020.
Travelers will experience the beauty of the Sea of Cortez, the richest body of water on the planet!
"Born in an era marked by volcanic eruptions and ongoing earthquakes more than 5 million years ago, the Sea of Cortez beckons with natural wonders, amazing wildlife, spectacular islands, and much more to explore," the Cruise & Maritime Voyages said.
Cruise highlights include:
- From Puerto Peñasco, travelers can explore El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve, stroll the Malecón for fantastic restaurants and shopping, visit the “Tequila Factory,” or have an ATV adventure!
- Cruisers can bask in the beaches of Topolobampo or visit the 450-year old town of El Fuerte and explore the mansion said to be home of the heroic figure Don Diego de la Vega or "El Zorro”
- Adventurers will enjoy outdoor fun in the trendy resort town of Cabo San Lucas where they can swim, snorkel, dive, ride horses on the beach, go zip-lining, or visit the rock formations of “El Arco”
- Guests can step back in time in Loreto on an amazing “cave paintings and petroglyphs” experience and discover the town’s colonial influences, Mexican heritage, and fresh local foods
- Unforgettable whale watching experiences await in Santa Rosalia as Pacific gray whales migrate to their breeding and birthing grounds
Prices start at $1,599 per person.
"For nearly a decade, Arizonans have been hearing about forth-coming cruise opportunities from Puerto Peñasco – Rocky Point and we at CMV are pleased to be the first to make that a reality!"