TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — Sentinel Peak Park which is also known as "A" Mountain will be closed to all traffic including pedestrians, bikes, and vehicles for two days.
The closure will take place on Monday, June 13, 2022, and last until Tuesday, June 14, 2022.
The reason for the park closure has not been disclosed.
The park will be reopened for its normal business hours on Wednesday, June 15, 2022.
1001 South Sentinel Peak Road Tucson AZ 85745
Sunrise - Sunset
Vehicle Access Information:
Monday: no vehicle access
Tuesday - Thursday: 2 p.m. - sunset
Friday - Sunday: 11 a.m. - sunset
Sentinel Peak Park, "A-Mountain," will be closed to all traffic (pedestrians, bikes, and vehicles) from Monday, June 13 - Tuesday, June 14. The park will reopen with normal hours on Wednesday, June 15. pic.twitter.com/hMTaT3HGmh— Tucson Parks and Rec (@TucsonParksRec) June 11, 2022
Hiking Safety Tips:
- Have a plan: hiking guides say the first thing someone needs to do is make sure that you tell your loved ones where you are going and when you expect to be back.
- Bring water: bring at least 1 liter of water for every hour of hiking.
- Dress appropriately: your hiking clothes should be lightweight and light-colored. Wear comfortable shoes and a wide-brimmed hat to shade yourself from the sun.
- Watch the weather: Keep track of temperatures because they can change to be dry and deadly.
- keep in contact: always carry your cell phone for an emergency.
Corey Salmon is a real-time editor and associate producer for KGUN 9. He was born in New York but has lived in Tucson for over 10 years. Share your story ideas and important issues with Corey by emailing email@example.com or by connecting on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.