TUCSON, Ariz. — The 2019 Tucson Women's March is happening in downtown Tucson this Sunday.
The march is a celebration of the richness of diverse cultures and communities that are part of Southern Arizona.
Here's everything you need to know:
What time does the march start?
The march begins at 11:00 a.m., but speakers begin at 10:00a.m.
What is the goal of the women's march?
"The goal of the Tucson Women’s March is to activate our participants and provide opportunities and outlets for people attending the March,” says Cynthia Bistrain, March Chair.
Who is leading this year's march?
This year's march will be led by Tohono O'odham and indigenous women.
What route does the march take?
The route circles Jácome Plaza, and is just over a mile long.
Where should I park?
It is recommended that participants park at Pennington Street Garage or any other city/state garage.
Will food be served for the march?
Yes, food will be available. The selection includes:
- BurgerRito (Mexican inspired burgers and meat sandwiches)
- Ciao Down (Pizza slices only in cheese pizza and pepperoni pizza; all others, whole pizzas only)
- Curry Pot Crew (Sri Lankan fusion)
- El Mexicano Sonoran Hot Dogs, LLC (just THE BEST Sonoran hot dogs)
- EnjoyaBowls (Vegan/Vegetarian)
- Gigi’s Mexican Peruvian Fusion
- Pin-Up Pastries (desserts and BBQ)
- Ricuras de Venezuela Arepas & More (Venezuelan Fusion)
Ike's Coffee and Bombole will also be open for the march.
Can I donate to the 2019 Women's March?
For information on where to donate, click here.
Information provided by tucsonwomensmarch.com