All animals are safe after a hazmat situation in Gilbert on Thursday morning.
Gilbert fire said workers at Arizona Veterinary Specialists near Gilbert and Guadalupe roads called 911 to report a possible gas leak in the building.
Hazmat crews arrived on the scene and did not find a gas leak but found some type of hazmat situation and evacuated workers.
Firefighters who made initial entry into the building along with the workers were checked out for any symptoms.
Air15 video showed rescue crews evacuating animals away from the building around 7 a.m. Most of the animals were attached to medical equipment.
Just before 8 a.m. all animals, 14 dogs and a cat, were evacuated from the hospital.
Officials are still working to locate the source of the hazmat situation.
A crew from the Arizona National Guard is on the scene to see if they can help with the leak.
Gilbert, Mesa and Chandler fire are also on the scene.