Bisbee Pride began in 2004 by a small group of LGBT friends. From a small local Pride Celebration Bisbee Pride has grown into a year round community service focused non-profit organization. We enjoy strong support from the local community. In fact Bisbee was the first municipality in Arizona to pass a Civil Union Ordinance before Marriage Equality became law.
Bisbee Pride, Inc. is a 501c (3) nonprofit organization committed to the goals of wellness, education, human rights and acceptance within the LGBTQ and greater Cochise County Community.
For the past 14 years Bisbee Pride has provided support to the community in various ways. For example:
- Volunteering at the Annual Step Up Bisbee/Naco Home Repair and Rehabilitation Service
- Ongoing financial support to Chiricahua Community Clinic’s Domestic Violence Program.
- Financial support to Bisbee Mining and Historical Society for the Grassy Park Renovation in 2014.
- Annual Bisbee Pride 3 day Festival held father’s day weekend each year.
- Ongoing participation in Bisbee World AIDS Day.
- Sponsored local workshops such as "Coming Out in Cochise" in February 2017.
- Invited to participate in annual Bisbee City of Lights Festival in December 2017 and annual B.R.A.T.S. event in October 2017.
- In 2008 Bisbee Pride brought the AIDS Memorial Quilt “The Names Project Foundation” to Old Bisbee bringing AIDS awareness and education to Cochise County. This was the first time that the quilt was shown in Southeastern Arizona.