The Medicare open enrollment period runs from October 15 through December 7, and the current pandemic has made being informed about your Medicare plan benefits more important than ever. The choices made now will have a huge impact on personal health and healthcare coverage in the future.
To help your viewers make an informed decision during Medicare open enrollment, Martin Esquivel, Vice President, Medicare Product Management at Amerigroup, discusses which benefit options through Amerigroup’s Medicare Advantage plans may be best for them and their circumstances at this time.
2021 Medicare Advantage benefit options in Arizona include:
- Pest Control: Quarterly preventive treatments to regulate or eliminate the intrusion of household pests that may impact a chronic condition.
- Healthy Meals – Chronic Condition: 2 meals per day for 90 days delivered to home. Based on qualifying chronic medical condition, health plan consumer receives a prescription for meals and periodic appointments with a registered dietitian.
- Personal Home Helper: Up to 124 hours of an in-home personal care aide for assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming and bathing.
- Adult Day Center Visits: Up to 1 visit per week for adult day center services, in order to help older adults in need of supervision and assistance.
- Healthy Meals – Post Discharge: Up to 7 days (or 14 meals) of meal delivery to assist with a transition home following each discharge from a hospital or nursing facility.
- Exercise Programs: Access to Nifty after Fifty and SilverSneakers®, which are fitness programs tailored to older adults, and can be prescribed or individuals can sign up on their own.
- Transportation: Services to help members get to doctor appointments and other healthcare visits.
- Healthy Pantry: Based on qualifying chronic medical condition, plan consumers have access to monthly (12) sessions per year with a dietitian who can provide nutritional education support as well as monthly delivery of pantry staples (nonperishable items) to help make dietary changes.
The Medicare annual enrollment period opens October 15, 2020 and ends on December 7, 2020.
Martin Esquivel is Vice President, Medicare Product Management at Amerigroup supporting Medicare Advantage, Part D and Medicare Supplement. Mr. Esquivel is responsible for strategic planning, product development, geographic expansion and the annual benefit planning process. He has spent the last 17 years managing the evolution of Medicare Advantage for large carriers as well as being at the forefront of developing wellness and whole health initiatives aimed at improving the health and well-being of beneficiaries.