It can be strongly argued that leadership is the most complex of all human endeavors. While there are books galore out there that provide leadership lessons, there has not existed – until now – a field manual type of leadership book providing direct, situational, pragmatic, and how-to hands-on skills that anyone can instantly put to use. Jocko Willink, #1 New York Times and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author, and decorated Navy SEAL, brilliantly fills the void with the ultimate guide on leadership, LEADERSHIP STRATEGY AND TACTICS: Field Manual (published by St. Martin’s Publishing Group).
Join Jocko shares hard-hitting Navy SEAL combat stories that translate into leadership lessons for life and business. He can discuss:
- What does strong leadership in America look like today from politics to the business world
- Some of the most important habits strong leaders demonstrate in their personal lives
- Managing chains of command in a tactful and positive way. The concept that in order to be a good leader, one must also be a good follower
- Accepting decisions you disagree with (e.g., by-passed for a leadership position you wanted or deserved)
- Leaders need to check their egos at the door and how the most important quality in a leader is humility
- Embracing the elements of “Decentralized Command,” giving orders and defining what needs to be done, while allowing those under your command the freedom to make their own decisions
Jocko Willink has written the most unique and vital book on leadership today: it is a rapid reference manual that thoroughly explains how to take leadership theory, quickly and accurately translate that theory into applicable strategy, and then put that leadership into effective action at a tactical level. LEADERSHIP STRATEGY AND TACTICS: Field Manual is the essential book that leaders at every level need – not just to understand the leadership game but, more importantly, to win at it.