Are Your Kids Really Safe Online?
The Shortcuts To Ensuring Their Safety
Posted at 1:22 PM, Jan 28, 2019
and last updated 2019-01-28 15:22:08-05
No matter how old we are everyone needs to be careful on the internet. There are many dangerous tools criminals can use to hack into your accounts and more. But there are still some best practices that you and your family can follow to help ensure they are safer, not only while on Google but also while navigating the wider Internet.
* Using unique passwords for your accounts (and a new password checkup tool)
* Keeping your software up-to-date
* Setting up a recovery phone number or email address and updating it
* Adding 2-step verification for further protection
* How to talk with children early about online safety and setting digital ground rules in your household
Copyright 2019 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.