Thursday night, you have the chance to weigh in on Tucson Unified School District's new Code of Conduct. The Code addresses how bullies will be disciplined and how victimized students will be protected.
TUSD representatives will be answering questions about the new policies affecting students, parents, and teachers, but they also want input from the community on the existing strategy. Review the full Code of Conduct HERE.
Dr. Abel Morado, assistant superintendent of secondary leadership, said, "The forums will give us an opportunity to explain the proposed Code of Conduct directly to parents, answer questions and receive feedback," Dr. Morado said. "The safety of our students is a top priority, as are fairness and transparency. I urge parents to attend one of our sessions to ensure they understand the proposed new handbook and have an opportunity ask questions and have their say."
The forums are scheduled for the following dates and locations:
- Thursday, March 2 at 6 p.m. at the Cholla High Magnet School auditorium
- Saturday, March 11 at 9 a.m. in the Catalina High School auditorium
- Wednesday, March 15 at 6 p.m. at the Rincon/University High School cafeteria
- Thursday, March 16 at 6 p.m. at the Pueblo Magnet High School auditorium
- Thursday, March 30 at 6 p.m. at the Palo Verde High School cafeteria
The Cholla High session is the only forum that will be streamed live.
Spanish translation services will be provided. If you have questions about the forums, please call: 520-225-6186.
Provide feedback through this online form HERE if you can't attend.