Are you an avocado fanatic? A study conducted by universities across the United States wants to pay you to eat them for six months.
The study is called the Habitual Diet and Avocado Trial. The HAT study wants to answer the question of whether eating one per day for six months impacts the amount of distribution of fat in the body.
The universities involved in the studies are the University of California in Los Angeles, Tufts University, Pennsylvania State University, Loma Linda University and Wake Forest University.
Participants must be willing to:
- Visit the Loma Linda University(LLU) campus every two weeks to pick up study items.
- Attend a total of 8 clinic visits over a course of SIX months(clinics will be at the LLU campus)
- Undergo two MRIs ( An MRI is a magnetic resonance imaging technique that does not use harmful radiation. It is designed to get detailed images of the organs within your body)
- Provide information on what you eat to clinicians who will call unannounced 4 times during the study.
- Be equally willing to eat one avocado a day or limit your avocado intake to no more than 2 a month.
- Follow to the study protocol, even while travelling and/or celebrating Holidays and family events.
Participants of the HAT Study will receive a stipend of $300 after completing it.
For more information, including how to sign up, visit hatstudy.org.