El Tour de Tucson is taking riders on a new route this year, and officials are warning drivers to look out for riders along the road.
The 106-mile "tour" starts and ends at Armory Park and takes riders north to Marana and south past Valencia.
Smaller fun runs will start at different points around the city.
Officials say they are closing certain roads before and during the ride for safety purposes, but most of the route will still be open to drivers.
Road closures on I-10 on Saturday, November 18 for El Tour de Tucson.
- I-10 will be closed at Silverlake from 7 – 8 am. Use Benson Hwy or Speedway.
- I-10 at Starr Pass will be closed from 7 am – 2 pm, after which there will be restrictions until 5 pm. Use Silverlake or Speedway.
- I-10 at Craycroft, Wilmot and Kolb will be closed from 7 – 10am. Use Valencia or Rita Ranch
Road Closures - Sat. 11/18/17 – in the area surrounding the main start/finish line at Armory Park*
- 6th Ave. from Broadway to 22nd St. & all streets in-between closed from 2 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 6th Ave. & 12th St. Closed 2 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 6th Ave. & 13th St. Closed 2 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 5th Ave. & 12th St. Closed 2 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 5th Ave. & 13th St. Closed 2 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Arizona Ave. @ 12th St. Closed 2 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Arizona Ave. @ 13th St. Closed 2 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 22nd St. closed from 6th Ave. to Freeway Frontage Rd. West Bound Lanes through 6 p.m.