The Pima County Sheriff's Department will be conducting a DUI Sobriety Checkpoint on Saturday.
The Sheriff's Department would like to remind the public of the dangers of impaired driving. If you are stopped, you may:
- Lose your license
- Pay excessive attorney's fees
- Have your car impounded
- Be fined upon conviction
- Be required to install an ignition interlock device in your car at your cost
- Spend time in jail
- End up with a criminal record
PCSD says they will continue their efforts to eliminate impaired driving in Pima County, including "buzzed" driving.
The Sheriff's Department says to make a plan before going out and consuming alcohol. A few safety tips include:
- Designate a non-drinking driver prior to consuming alcohol
- Get a ride home from ride-share services like Uber, Lyft or a taxi