Northwest Fire responded to a reported snake bite a golf course in the 9100 block of North Thornydale just before 8 a.m. this morning, according to a news release.
As paramedics arrived they found two puncture marks consistent with a rattlesnake bite on a man's ankle.
NW Fire says the man stated that he had stepped off of the grass and into the surrounding desert area to look for his golf ball when he accidentally stepped on the snake causing it to turn and strike.
The man said he originally thought he stepped into cactus when describing the pain. Upon looking down he saw the snake move away from him.
NW Paramedics transported the man to a local hospital where he can be evaluated and treated with anti-venom.
NW Fire says it is likely he will spend the next couple of days admitted to the hospital for evaluation and treatment.