Arizona Governor Doug Ducey signed House Bill 2456, the 10-year extension of Rio Nuevo.
The bill was sponsored by Rep. Mark Finchem, R-Tucson, and overwhelmingly supported by the Arizona House of Representatives and the Arizona Senate, according to a media release from Rio Nuevo.
The signing extends Rio Nuevo's life from 2025 to 2035.
Major Downtown area projects include:
- TCC Arena remodel
- Roadrunner hockey venue and locker rooms
- The Greyhound bus terminal
- The AC Marriott Hotel and three adjacent restaurants
- The completion of Mission Garden
- The Fox Theatre
- The Mercado retail
- City Park retail and food hall
- Caterpillar Tucson Mining Center
- Hexagon Mining Headquarters
- The Sunshine Mile (Broadway Blvd. downtown to Country Club Rd.)
- Caliber Hotel at the TCC
- The Marriott Moxy Hotel
- Scott Avenue
- 75 East Broadway – a new 20-story tower with two floors of retail
- Cathedral Square
- The Marist
The estimated sales tax generated from the construction of all Rio Nuevo-assisted projects is $29 million, according to the media release.