KGUN 9 On Your SideNews


Duplex fire displaces 8 people and 3 dogs

Posted at 7:23 PM, May 10, 2017
and last updated 2017-05-10 22:26:34-04

An electrical fire has displaced 2 families who live in a duplex according to the Tucson Fire Department.

The fire started in the bathroom attic. A single 911 call was made reporting smoke coming from the attic.

When crews arrived, they could see smoke in the street and coming from the vents on the front of the house. 

Nine units and 23 firefighters responded to the fire and controlled it in 10 minutes.

The home is divided into 2 units. Two families and their 3 dogs have been displaced. 

The Red Cross will be helping both families.