TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - It was hard to avoid road construction driving around Pima County this past year. KGUN9 wants drivers to be prepared as it will be equally challenging in 2016.
Here is a list of major construction projects that could impact your time.
- RTA crews are extending Sabino Canyon Road to Kolb Road in a 15-month project. The project includes two lanes- each direction between Tanque Verde to Kolb Road, and a brudge over the Pantano Wash.
- Demolition will be happening on Grant Road between Stone and Park Avenue as crews work on a long awaited widenng project.
- Resurfacing work will begin on Campbell between Glenn and Ft. Lowell, as well as 22nd Street between Tucson Boulevard and Alvernon Way. Both projects are expected to be completed the first week of January.
- ADOT will begin work on anew interchange at I-10 and Ina Road. The railroad crossing will be removed as crews build a new overpass to help ease major traffic backup when trains pass through. The highway will be widened to four lanes each direction.
- The 2-year-project to improve the traffic signal system starts next month at I-19 and Ajo Way.