TUCSON (KGUN9-TV)- Candles from a religious shrine set a couple's house on fire early Sunday morning.
The fire happened in the 700 block of West Calle Lerdo shortly after 3 a.m. according to Tucson Fire Capt. Barrett Baker.
Baker says the couple woke up hearing popping noises and their dogs barking. The woman then attempted to put the fire out with a garden hose.
Baker says crews arrived and suspected an attic fire. The ladder crew arrived and cut a hole in the roof.
The two residents and their five small dogs were able to get out of the home safely.
TFD reminds residents to keep candles a distance of at least 12 inches and always blow them out before going to bed.