FLORENCE, Ariz. — For the 23rd year, Country Thunder is back in Florence, Ariz.; named Festival of the year last year by the Academy of Country Music.
Country Thunder runs from April 11th to the 14th, opening at noon and closing at 2 a.m. until Sunday night.
For people attending the event, Pinal County Emergency Management encourages them to sign up for text message system they can sign up for to keep informed on weather, traffic, venue maps, performance times, etc.
Text CTAZ2019 to 888777 to recieve these messages.
Items allowed at Country Thunder:
- Sun Block - We highly recommend bringing this!
- Lighters - Smoking allowed in designated areas.
- Beach Towel
- Blanket - Subject to search.
- One Unopened Bottle of Water - Limit one bottle per person.
- Fanny Packs
- Digital Cameras (non-professional)
- Disposable Cameras
- Film Cameras (non-professional)
- Soft Lawn chairs - Please remove from the bag so both items can be searched.
- Cell Phones
- Prescription medication is allowed in the original prescription bottle.
- "Over the Counter medication"
- Required Medical Equipment - Wheelchairs, oxygen bottles etc.
Items not allowed at Country Thunder:
- Glass Containers
- Chairs with Canopies
- Outside Food & Beverages
- Drones, Unmanned Aircraft Devices & Remote Controlled Vehicles
- Alcoholic Beverages & Illegal Substances
- Animals - With the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities
- Bottles, Cans, Thermoses & Other Beverage Containers
- Cameras with Lenses Longer than six (6) inches
- Laptop Computers
- Laser Pointer Devices
- Promotional/Advertising or Sale Materials not approved by Country Thunder
- Seat Cushions larger than 15 inches x 15 inches or that contain armrests, zippers, pockets, flaps or metal backs - Subject to search.
- Selfie sticks, sticks or poles
- Video cameras
- Monopods and Tripods
- Weapons - Knives, box-cutters, firearms, etc.