TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — The Southern Arizona Red Cross is offering free resiliency workshops this week for all families, veterans, and Armed Forces members.
According to a news release, the virtual sessions aim to build stress management skills and teach people how to ease symptoms related to trauma.
The workshop takes place on Feb. 12 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
The Red Cross suggests attending the class for these reasons:
- Learn easy to use resilience-building skills and practice them in a safe and supportive environment.
- All participants have a military connection.
- Participants can attend anonymously and have no obligation to participate in additional workshops.
- Hands-on and interactive; participants direct the conversation and determine which activities and skills to use.
- Participants looking for additional resources or express a need for mental health support will receive referrals to appropriate support sources.