The latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie rolls into theaters tomorrow! Before you head out to see it, Bradley Hasemeyer has five things you didn't know about Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael.
1. The turtles first appeared in a comic back in 1984. To give you some perspective on how long ago that was. The director of this new movie, Dave Green, was one at that time.
2. These turtles are very popular with movies, TV shows, merchandise, and there was even a "Coming Out of Their Shells" concert tour.
3. There was once a female ninja turtle. Her name was Venus, as in Venus de Milo, and she appeared in a 1997 live-action ninja turtle series.
4. The animated series from the ‘80s and ‘90s was at the time, the longest running cartoon in American TV history. Their record was surpassed 2 years later by The Simpsons.
5. If you think the turtles have star quality, there's a reason. The faces of the ones in the latest movie series are modeled after celebrities. The visual effects team incorporated the facial features of different actors into the turtle's faces.
-Leonardo was based on Tom Hanks and Russell Crowe.
-Raphael was based on Russell Crowe and Clint Eastwood.
-Donatello was based on Leonard Nimoy.
-Michelangelo was based on Bill Murray.
That's 5 things you didn't know about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows hits theaters June 3, 2016!
Who's your favorite TMNT character? Join the conversation on our Facebook page, @TheListShowTV.