Issued At: Thursday, 07 Dec 2017, 3:08 PM MST
Expires At: Thursday, 07 Dec 2017, 4:15 PM MST
Urgent - fire weather message
national weather service phoenix az
308 pm mst thu dec 7 2017
yuma/martinez lake and vicinity/lower colorado river valley az-
southern gila county/tonto national forest foothills-
lower colorado river valley ca-
imperial county and eastern riverside county-
308 pm mst thu dec 7 2017 /208 pm pst thu dec 7 2017/
...red flag warning remains in effect until 4 pm mst /3 pm pst/
this afternoon for strong winds, low relative humidity and high
fire danger for much of south-central arizona and southeast
* affected area...yuma/martinez lake and vicinity/lower colorado
river valley az, central deserts, southern gila county/tonto
national forest foothills, lower colorado river valley ca and
imperial county and eastern riverside county.
* winds...north 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* timing...now through 4 pm mst / 3 pm pst this afternoon.
* relative humidity...as low as 5 percent.
* impacts...fuels are dry and fire danger is high. these
conditions combined with low relative humidity and strong
winds will lead to widespread hazardous fire weather
please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.