Tucson Fire: three taken to hospital after close call with carbon monoxide

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) The Tucson Fire Department says three people were taken to the hospital after showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. 

According to a release from TFD, it happened around 6:50 p.m. at a home on the 2500 block of West San Marcos Blvd. 

Crews say when a woman in her 60's, her 16-year-old son, 18-year-old daughter and dog were showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. Investigators say the vehicle in the garage was accidentally left running with the garage door down and the door to the house open. 

The woman returned home to find her kids and the dog, firefighters say.

TFD says the dog was treated with oxygen and is OK.

Below are some safety tips from Tucson Fire:

  • With the Tucson temperatures beginning to drop and heaters close to turning on, this is a good reminder to check your carbon monoxide alarms.  
  • If you do not have one, consider getting one. 
  • Remember to always leave your garage door open when the vehicle is running, even if you think the car will only be on for a few seconds.   
  • This odorless, colorless, tasteless gas is often called the “silent killer” because it is virtually.
Print this article Back to Top