Phoenix Fire Department crews have been called out to a senior housing facility to assist staff in relocating residents due to a power outage.
They say the outage at the Washington Manor Senior facility started during Monday night's storm.
Firefighters are assisting staff with informing residents and relocating them to the ground floor.
In some cases, this involves firefighters carrying people down one or more flights of stairs and some of those seniors are in wheelchairs.
Phoenix fire crews also are bringing portable generators and two portable three-ton air conditioners to keep residents cool prior to being moved to the McDowell Place Senior Service Center and for those residents who choose to stay.