9OYS Consumer Watch
Salvation Army offers help with heating bills
Web Producer: Rikki Mitchell
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - The Salvation Army has teamed up with Southwest Gas to help some customers with their heating bills, but you have to qualify.
You have two separate opportunities. The first is January 24th, And then the next Thursday, January 31st.
From 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. go to the Salvation Army main office, at 1001 N. Richey Blvd. You will need to verify your income with various receipts like utility bills, picture ID's, paycheck stubs and social security cards, even for the kids.
Here is a list of documents you will need to bring:
- Your most recent southwest gas bill
- Birth certificates for everyone in the home
- Social security cards for everyone in the home
- Picture ID for all adults in the household
- Proof of income for the last 30 days
- Award letter for ssi, disability, pension, child support, or unemployment
- DES award letter for food stamps, afdc
- Your monthly bills-utilities, cable, phone, car payment, insurance, medical, credit cards, etc.
- Receipts/bank print-out of expenses past 30 days
- Contract/lease for section 8/conventional/HUD housing
- If not a U.S. Citizen, please bring a valid passport or certificate of naturalization or valid resident alien card or a current picture id/drivers license from Mexico or your country of citizenship.
For more information, call the information line at 792-1111.