Christmas tree recycling program starts next week
Web Producer: Rikki Mitchell
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Once you take down the ornaments and lights, your Christmas tree can be recycled by the City of Tucson.
City officials tell KGUN9 that the TreeCycle program will begin the day after Christmas and continue through January 6.
You must remove all ornaments, decorations and tree stands before dropping off your tree.
From January 2 to 6, wood chips will be available for pick-up at Udall park and Randolph Golf Course for anyone who wants them for their garden.
Christmas trees can be dropped off at the following locations during daylight hours, seven days a week:
- Oro Valley lot, “Naranja Town Site,” 660 W. Naranja Dr.
- Rillito Race Track, 4502 N. 1st Ave., east parking lot (follow signs)
- Udall Park, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd., south of ball fields (follow signs)
- Golf Links Sports Park, northwest of Craycroft Rd. and Golf Links Rd.
- Tucson Rodeo Grounds, northeast of Irvington Rd. and 6th Ave.
- Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd., (follow signs)
- Silverbell Site, northeast of Goret Rd. and Silverbell Rd. (follow signs)
- Purple Heart Park, southeast corner of Rita Rd. and Esmond Loop
- Randolph Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way, southeast portion of parking lot
The City will not collect trees from curbs and alleys.
Commercial tree lots with extra trees can drop off the overages at the Los Reales Landfill and Tangerine Landfill at posted landfill rates.
Call the recycling infoline at 791-5000 with any questions, or visit the website.