Home in final stages of construction catches fire
Web Producer: Rikki Mitchell
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Crews responded to a home on the northwest side Friday after several neighbors saw fire coming from the roof.
Capt. Adam Goldberg with Northwest Fire tells KGUN9 that the home was on Sunrise Shadow Drive near Camino de Oeste and Tangerine Road.
The home was in the final stages of construction and the buyer had planned on moving in the week of Christmas.
Crews discovered that the fire started in the attic and damaged the roof and inside of the home.
No one lived in the home and there were no injuries to firefighters.
The homeowners also did not lose any personal possessions.
The cause of the fire was determined accidental as a result of an electrical malfunction.
Damages are estimated at $30,000.
It took 22 firefighters 19 minutes to bring the fire under control.