Fire crews find gas leak at vet clinic
Web Producer: Rikki Mitchell
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Northwest Fire responded to the Casas Adobes Pet Clinic Friday when an employee reported her eyes burning and feeling dizzy when she opened the clinic, according to Capt. Adam Goldberg with Northwest Fire.
Goldberg tells KGUN9 that the employee heard a "hissing" sound and immediately evacuated the clinic and called 911.
When the hazardous materials team arrived, they found a large oxygen cylinder that had been left open and was empty. The team noticed high oxygen readings in the area.
The team was able to bring the environment back into safe levels and declared the incident stabilized.
The clinic was expected to open on time and the employee who first noticed the leak was assessed on scene and did not need further treatment.