Barbecue grill catches home on fire
Update: Barbecue grill catches home on fire Video by kgun9.comvideo
Web Producer: Rikki Mitchell
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - A propane grill caught on fire and spread to two homes, according to Captain Barrett Baker with the Tucson Fire Department.
The grill was in the backyard of the home at 4910 E. Eastland St.
The homeowner told firefighters that he lit the grill and then went back inside his home.
When he returned to his backyard, the grill and the surrounding area was on fire.
Fire also spread to an empty house next door but was quickly put out.
The homeowner suffered minor burns but declined medical care on scene.
It took nine units and 22 firefighters to get the fire under control in 12 minutes.
TFD has determined the cause was accidental and estimate the damages at $15,000.
Officials want to remind the public to use safe grilling practices during the summer months, and never leave a grill unattended.