Boy saves family from burning home
Web Producer: Ina Ronquillo
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - A 7-year-old boy saved his family from a burning home when he was awoken by a smoke alarm.
Trish Tracy, a spokesperson with Tucson Fire tells KGUN9 that one adult and three children were inside this home sleeping when a fire started in one of the bedrooms in the 8300 block of East 18th Street.
When the smoke alarm sounded, a 7-year-old boy woke up from the noise and hurried to alert everyone that the alarm was sounding and there was a fire.
The adult and kids evacuated the home and called 9-1-1.
When firefighters arrived, there was smoke and flames coming from a bedroom window. All four people were waiting in a safe place in the front yard. During the search of the home, firefighters located and rescued 3 cats.
The family of four was displaced by the fire and Red Cross will be assisting. The home sustained about $100,00 in damages.
The cause of the fire was from candles left unattended. The candles had been lit to provide lighting since the power was not on in the home.