Tucson Fire responds to accidental house fire
Web Producer: Marlena Hamilton
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - A house fire broke out this morning in the 6600 block of Cooper St.
Trish Tracy, a spokesperson with Tucson Fire tells KGUN9 the resident of the home smelled smoke inside his house and his dog was also making strange noises to let him know something was wrong.
He called 9-1-1 when he noticed smoke coming from the vents in his roof when he let his dog out into the backyard.
Smoke was coming from all the vents in the roof and a light haze of smoke was coming from inside the house when firefighters arrived, according to Tracy.
Firefighters used heat sensing cameras and pulled the ceiling to locate where the fire was.
The fire was accidental caused by electrical wiring and left the attic with smoke and flame damages.
No injuries occurred and the damage was estimated to be $50,000.