Tucson Fire gives Halloween safety tips for pets
Web Producer: Courtney Griffin
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV/Tucson Fire) - Halloween isn't just dangerous for children, but your pets too. Tucson Fire Trish Tracy, gives KGUN9 some tips on how to keep pets safe.
- Have a secure spot inside the home where your pet can stay on Halloween night.
- Keep decorations out of the reach of pets.
- Keep candy in a well-sealed container and in a location where your pet cannot access the candy. Also ensure used wrappers are discarded properly.
- If you dress your pet for Halloween, make sure the costume has sufficient room and is constructed of reflective and fire retardant materials. A costume that is too tight could cut off circulation or choke your pet.
- When walking your pet outside, look on the ground for dropped candy to prevent accidental consumption
- Carry a flashlight and make yourself as visible as possible.
- Never cross the street in front of a parked vehicle and try to cross at street corners only.