Man dies from Midtown Tucson fire
Reporter: Craig Smith
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - A fire in Midtown Tucson has left a 32 year old man dead.
It happened at a mobile home park at 110 E. Prince.
The 911 call came in about 3:30 Monday when a neighbor smelled and saw trouble.
Tucson Fire Captain Trish Tracy says, "The person that called 911 happens to be a neighbor who was inside her home when she noticed smoke entering her home. She looked out her window and saw smoke and flames coming out of the home next to hers."
Fire crews arrived in three minutes and had the blaze out in eleven.
But the person they pulled out of the house was in very bad shape---rushed to the hospital with life threatening injuries. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Captain Tracy says, "We did not hear a smoke alarm sounding when we went inside the home; so this fire serves as an important reminder to check your batteries in your smoke alarm. Make sure it's working and make sure you have a plan to get out alive."
Once firefighters finished their work, Tucson Police moved in. When someone is badly hurt in a fire, they join the investigation.
Investigators believe the fire began in the bedroom but exactly how it started is not clear.
The victim was a 32 year old man. His I-D has not been released as of Monday night.