HEART of Tucson Equine Rescue
HEART of Tucson is a non-profit, pro-horse equine rescue organization run entirely by volunteers. Our mission is two-fold. HEART of Tucson rescues horses of all breeds that are in urgent need of care. We rescue horses that perhaps have been neglected, abandoned or abused. Secondly, our mission is to instruct and raise awareness of the general public about what it takes to own a horse including feeding, grooming, tack, training, boarding, veterinary care and all costs associated with owning a horse.
HEART of Tucson's goal is to rehabilitate rescued horses and then find suitable homes for these equines. We provide the food, the supplements, farrier service, veterinary care, training, love and kindness, all in a safe haven. By educating the public of horse ownership through on-site, hands-on seminars and workshops, HEART of Tucson's goal is to stop the cycle of abuse and neglect that potentially could occur to these animals. We are pro-active and passionate about rescuing horses that might otherwise end up at auction houses and perhaps go to inhumane slaughter houses in Mexico.
For more information visit them online at http://heartoftucson.org.
You too can apply to be a Journal Broadcast Group Community Partner, see details here.
Previous Journal Broadcast Group Community Partners Include:
- TMC / CMN MIX Miracles Radiothon
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Tucson Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Friends of the Pima County Public Library
- The Missing in America Project
- Friends of Sabino Canyon
- The YMCA of Southern Arizona
- The Lupus Foundation
- Integrative Touch for Kids
- SARSEF: Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering Foundation
- The Symphony Women's Association
- Camp Wildcat
- Pima Animal Care Center
- Educational Enrichment Foundation
- La Paloma Family Services
- Parkingson Wellness Recovery
- Beads of Courage Program
- TIHAN, Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network
- Teen Outreach Arizona
- Literacy Connects
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- World Care
- Youth on Their Own
- Junior Achievement Arizona
- Arizona Families for Children
- Erik Hite Foundation
- I Am Tucson
- Handi-Dogs, Inc.
- The Ben's Bells Project
- The West Inc.
- The Loft Cinema
- Bag It!
- The UMC Trauma Center
- St. Elizabeth's Health Center Services
- Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center
- Community Gardens of Tucson
- Honor Flight Tucson
- The Haven
- Tucson Festival of Books
- Pima Council On Aging
- Blind & Deaf Children Foundation
- Make Way For Books
- Tucson Clean & Beautiful
- Volunteer Center of Southern Arizona
- Marshall Home for Men
- Reading Seed
- Gooter Foundation
- Child & Family Resources
- Tucson Girls Chorus
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Homicide Survivors